Linlithgow RFC Gala Dinner
Saturday 26 April 2014
The Bill McLaren Foundation
in association with the Dunne Group
sponsored by The Dunne Group
Club Gala Dinner in conjunction with Bill McLaren Foundation a Huge Success
Saturday 26 April – Murrayfield Stadium
Sponsored by the Dunne Group, the Club’s Gala Dinner, run in conjunction with the Bill McLaren Foundation, attracted over 300 guests with 30 plus tables in the Thistle Suite at Murrayfield Stadium.
With John Beattie as MC and Andy Nicol and Iain Milne as main speakers the evening also featured the Rugby Club Male Voice Choir and the Club Annual Awards and closed with dancing to the John Beattie Band.
All funds raised will be shared between the Bill McLaren Foundation and Linlithgow RFC.
The Bill McLaren Foundation has been set up in Bill’s name, and with the support of his family, which we invite you to help establish. Your support will serve three purposes:
- To develop and promote the sport of rugby union and its values
- To encourage and provide sporting opportunities for young people
- To create an educative centre which will include the Bill McLaren Archive
Linlithgow RFC is fund-raising for an indoor training facility comprising a pitch with a 3G surface, changing rooms and a strength and conditioning suite.
Who will benefit? – Linlithgow RFC and the wider Community
- It will provide a better training environment, especially for younger players,
- It will help local primary schools, by creating a facility which is purpose-built for physical activity.
- It will help other local sports and recreation clubs train in much better facilities than they have access to.
- It will help casual users have another facility where they can exercise.