Linlithgow RFC 2020 Vision
Keeping Members Updated
We are committed to keeping our club members informed of progress with our Development Plans. Back in March we introduced a regular ‘bulletin’, which goes out by email to all on Craig’s email list for the Weekly Update. This information is also made available on the club’s website.
Introducing Pound Round the Pitch – all members and friends to participate and get sponsored for walking / jogging / running round the Mains Park pitch on Saturday 14 March.
Overall Fundraising Target now down to £16,528.
Scottish Rugby Launches New Club Sustainability Fund at Linlithgow
Scottish Rugby chose Linlithgow Rugby Club as the location for their launch of the new Club Sustainability Fund. SRU President Ian Rankin hosted the event with Club Services Manager Nick Rennie and Linlithgow’s Ken Richardson sharing the platform at the press launch. With the new indoor training centre now complete, the opportunity was taken to use the facility as a backdrop for the event.
Linlithgow Academy 1st XV players showed off the new facilities to the visiting guests, including SRU President Ian Rankin (standing on left).
The new Indoor Training Centre will formally start operations from Sunday 16 November 2014. This will follow a period of final checks, trials and testing after the handover of the new facility on time and on budget from the contractor, Stewart Homes.
We will be publishing full information on the new facilities and how to book them during the week commencing Monday 10 November. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
- Bulletin 26 – target down below £18,000
- Bulletin 25 – target now down below £20,000
- Bulletin 23 – fundraising continues…
- Bulletin 22 – getting closer…
- Bulletin 21 – update at start of new season
- Bulletin 20 – money raised from the Gala Dinner and other end of season news
- Bulletin 19 – Gala Dinner approaches…
- Bulletin 18 – Work starts
- Bulletin 17 – Preferred contractor
- Bulletin 16 – Over £33,000 raised in 2013
- Bulletin 15 – Invitation to Tender and Tender Timetable
- Bulletin 14 – Planning Permission granted for revised plan
- Bulletin 13 – Update at start of season 2013-14
- Bulletin 12 – Intention to hold General Meeting
- Bulletin 11 – Simplified Design
- Bulletin 10 – Report to Club AGM
- Bulletin 9 – How Others See Us
- Bulletin 8 – Building on Work to Date
- Bulletin 7 – Taking the Time to Get it Right
- Bulletin 6 – Knocking on the Doors of External Bodies
- Bulletin 5 – Changes to Club Constitution
- Bulletin 4 – Why the New Plans / More Than a Training Facility
- Bulletin 3 – 2020 Champions
- Bulletin 2 – Tender Process and Timetable
- Bulletin 1 – Message from Craig Young, Club President
General Meeting Approves Development Plans
The General Meeting on 20 August 2013 was a big step forward in our developmental planning. The Meeting gave authority for the Executive to seek Building Control and issue tender forms for the redesigned facility. This milestone means that we are committed in principle to our new training facility – it just needs to be affordable!
Other Important Documents
Press Release – sportscotland
LRFC Development Plan – the original business plan for the development